Board of Directors:
The Kids First Fund is
entirely administered by a Board of Directors who volunteer
their time to the organization. The board reflects the global nature of
The Kids First Fund and is comprised of the following officers and
- Jay Sorensen (President), President of IdeaWorksCompany, Milwaukee
- Robert Bahlman (Treasurer), Atlanta
- Roger J. Grigulis (Director), Chairman of management board of SJSC Pasazieru Vilciens (Latvia Passenger Railroad)
- Irma Kalnins (Director) President, Irma Kalnins Consulting, Riga
- Arturs Irbe (Director), Riga
- Hamid Ladjevardi (Director), American Baltic Investment, New York City and Riga, Latvia
- Diana Cronan (Director), Director of Communications, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers, Washington DC
- Doug Mullen (Vice President), Assistant General Counsel, Airlines for America, Washington DC
- Indra Petersons (Director), NBC News, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist, New York City
In addition to the above directors, Her Excellency Solveiga Silkalne, former Ambassador of Latvia to the United Nations is an Honorary Director.
Dr. Valdis Rande is Ambassador to Children for the Kids First Fund.
The Board of Directors adopted a "Conflict of Interest" policy during 2007. This policy ensures the directors and officers of The Kids First Fund act in the best interest of the organization. The policy may be viewed by clicking this link.